Sunday, July 25, 2010

Party On

We went to the beach on Friday. I'd love to show you the pictures, but Someone (guess who?) dropped the camera in the sand so now it's not exactly functioning properly. I have that compressed air spray that I can try to use to get all the sand out of the inner workings but I'm scared. It turns on for a second, tries to focus, then turns itself off. So maybe I'll try to find the warranty information, then try to fix it. I can get the memory card out, which is good, but the camera might need to be replaced, which is bad.

The bigger, better news is that we have a location and date for Ruby's birthday party. It'll be on Saturday, August 21. We're thinking later-afternoon, probably 4. The party will have no theme because well, no thank you, waste of money, but the favor bags will be dress-up themed and I am now accepting ideas. Ruby has been really into playing with hats and glasses and these bunny ears I have so there you go, theme. I have some pretty funny and cute ideas but keep getting stuck at "pirate" or "princess" or "animal." I looked at the Oriental Trading website but most of their crap is cheap plastic made in China crap (my least favorite kind of crap) which is uninspiring. I really don't want to buy a bunch of generic primary-colored shit that's just going to break then get thrown away because it's unremarkable basic party favor stupidness. We are Klemples and we are Awesome and this is something we need to share with the world, namely, birthday party guests, using these party favors as our Awesomeness Awareness Methods.

Also I keep ending up looking at maracas and harmonicas and train whistles because I'm an asshole. But Ruby LOVES things like that and it's her birthday and her party and they're fun so why not? Right? Oh, right, I'm the asshole who wants their kids to annoy their parents with the party favor harmonica all day, all night for the next three days until the parents (who are my actual friends and family and I should probably be nice and do everything I can to ensure they'll come to the next birthday party) toss that party favor harmonica in the trash while cursing my "Awesomeness."

Probably next weekend I'll take Ruby around to Party City and Michael's and places where you can buy Awesome party favors for more ideas. My best idea so far is not even an original one, which is not Awesome but the idea is SO AWESOME I can't resist. Antonia is hilarious (generally as well as in this particular illustration of hilarity) and made moustaches for her daughter's 4th birthday party favors. So funny and inspiring and can you imagine Ruby running around with a little furry moustache? Done!

I know I'm going to end up getting those damn harmonicas though. I just...Ruby loves them! I'm an asshole! But please, share any ideas you have. And please hope for the best concerning my camera situation. And the next time I go to the beach, remind me to not let anyone else hold the camera because remember last time? HE PUT IT IN HIS SHIRT POCKET AND THEN JUMPED BEHIND A SAND DUNE. And then we couldn't find it for a few heart-stopping minutes, wherein I calculated the costs of a new camera versus our bank account balance and incoming funds and upcoming bills and I am never going to the beach again just to avoid that panic. Just kidding. I'll go. I just won't take any pictures ever again. Just kidding. I will. I just...uh...will always be responsible for the camera's safety. Right. Okay. Great.

1 comment:

  1. Ok. Ideas

    clown noses
    temporary tattoos
    butterfly wings (I don't know how but how fun!)
    bumblebee, shrek, alien, butterfly attenas (pipecleaners to the rescue!)
    crowns out of construction paper and glitter galore!

    That's all I have....

    I can't make it to Ruby's bday cuz I have a bachelorette party that night (whooo!!) but I'll have a present and lots of Love I promise.

    Come to Portland! We'll go to the zoo!!!

    Miss you!

    ReplyDelete

I don't just do this for myself, it's for you too! So let me know what you think.