Thursday, July 15, 2010

Good thing she's cute...

...or else I would totally sell her to the gypsies.

But knowing her, she'd probably enjoy the gypsy life. Until they tried to get her to wear a headband.

No nap today. It is very hot outside and there are not enough popsicles/Slurpees/ice cubes/cold fizzy drinks in the world to make the 90 degrees worth bearing (although she has been enjoying pink grapefruit Perrier. You know I could not make that up). I believe she is also teething. Add that to multiple personality disorder I MEAN being almost two years old and very much mine/Ronnie's daughter, and you get WE ARE NOT HAVING A GOOD DAY.

Peanut butter and jelly sandwiches help though. And a little (a lot) extra Nick Jr., especially Wow Wow Wubbzy but I had to purge the deepest abyss of my patience to distract her long enough to turn the tv off once Go Diego Go came on (that guy pisses me off...always with the yelling so loud...the audience is kids, not fossilized old fogies armed with ear trumpets). AND THEN we actually went outside (which sucked) then came in and played Play-Doh. I kept making these cool star things with holes in them and ripply edges and of course my little sidekick thought it best that she destroy them. Doing me a favor, she was; the world can't handle my awesome Play-Doh skills.

This was just about a year ago. I KNOW, RIGHT?! Who IS that?!

We also terrorized Jack. But really, he brings it on himself, he's always laying around right where we're walking. Or laying around right where we're wanting to sit. Or in general laying around all up in our business. So I only half-heartedly enforce the "no tail-pulling" rule. Because it seems that any tail-pulling is only sort of bothering him. Sort of.

Cat? What cat? Throw pillow.

We had a few good reasons to get out of the house and into the air-conditioned car so duh. We did that. Ruby fell asleep approximately one minute after getting buckled into her carseat, which was nice. After we got home and she had a classic cringeworthy Toddler Dinner (tofu cubes, 6-7 spoonfuls of blueberry yogurt, veggie booty, grape juice...before you yell at me about her specialized spoiled only-kid treatment, know that we have Family Dinner every weekend night and some weeknights if Ronnie is awake), Ruby COUNTED TO EIGHT ALL BY HERSELF. Lately she's been really into small, previously forbidden items such as marbles. This morning, I restrung four bracelets made from big plastic beads into a necklace for her, but a few of the beads refused (holes too small) so Ruby confiscated them. We have four colors of beads so I had a pattern going on the necklace and could. not. disrupt. the. pattern. (OCD much?) so she was permitted to adopt a collection of eight beads. After dinner tonight, she was playing with them all over the living room and ended up counting them out in my hands. I thought she only knew to count up to 4. And she kept counting out the 8 beads like, no big deal, been doing this since forever.

This is what she likes to call "Two Binkies! Two! Binkies! Two! HAHAHAHAHA!!!"

Terrible day turned out all right. OH AND she wore a headband for nearly an hour this morning! I stealthily slipped it on her little head right after she woke up. But then we had to change her clothes, and of course she noticed there was something foreign and unknown touching her head, and of course she was pissed that I dared sneak something so offensively vile past her otherwise unadmissable watch. So still no headband pictures. I might try a frozen Go-Gurt bribe to get a picture tomorrow. It's the new natural Go-Gurt. I am not ashamed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I don't just do this for myself, it's for you too! So let me know what you think.