Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Well, I did it.

Introducing the newest incarnation of From Beers to Babies: Beers, Babies, Brainstorms. Less bitching, more baking. And basting. And bias tape. And other B words. Actually, no more B words, because I practically killed myself trying to think of the best B word to describe what I'm bringing here from my other two blogs and all the new things I'll be adding.
I considered: butter, boogers, blueprints, and other B words that were not interesting or funny enough to mention. I really did practically kill myself trying to think of another B word though. I even consulted thesaurus.com! It was of no help, so if you ever find yourself in a similar situation to mine, I would NOT recommend it based on alliteration purposes. Someone needs to invent a cross between thesaurus.com and alliteration.com, if alliteration.com exists for its seeming purpose (note: it does exist, but not for what you'd think) (or, at least, not what I thought it would).

You may have noticed that I am now Capitalizing. Shocking, I know. For a lazy ass like me, this is a huge step and I expect mighty praise, monetary rewards, and lots of smiley face stickers or yummy chocolate treats.

As I mentioned on From Beers to Babies earlier today, I will be using this website for more crafting/baking/photo pursuits. That shit will start tomorrow. Maybe.

I made some headbands for Ruby today (but of course, she hates them so I haven't gotten any pictures yet) and yesterday I baked some cherry muffins (but of course, really no one in our house except me likes them so I don't feel like it makes any sense to talk further about them) and a few days ago I made some Rice Krispie/Whole Grain Cheerio treats with half regular, half strawberry marshmallows (but of course, they're GONE so sorry, no picture, just try to imagine me and occasionally Ruby eating a giant handful of them with pure delight emanating from every pore on our bodies).

Let's see, how else am I kicking domestic ass...I made eggplant parmesan for the first time last night! And it was SO GOOD! If you are thinking of doing the same, please let me recommend that you NOT use Panko breadcrumbs. It just doesn't work out as well as regular breadcrumbs probably would. I got my recipe from my trusty Betty Crocker cookbook but it's a pretty standard dish (right? or is this another time when I think that everyone else knows the awesome shit that I know?) so I'm sure whatever recipe you have or find will be great.

Okay I think that's enough for now. I'll try to not out-housewife you until my next post, but I can't promise anything. The pile of dirty dishes in my kitchen says otherwise. I think it's Ronnie's turn for dishes anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I don't just do this for myself, it's for you too! So let me know what you think.