Wednesday, January 1, 2014

New year, new attempt, new outcome.

It might be cliche to embark upon YET ANOTHER blog journey, today of all days. I'm confident in, yet also terrified of, what I can accomplish here. My husband keeps telling me I can be a great writer, I can sustain our family with my words. I know he's right. Facebook posts aren't enough anymore. You're better than that and so am I.

A New Year's gift to you and myself: I'm going to write here at least three times a week. I can and will do it.

You can anticipate pictures of my kids in plastic Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle costumes, reading Scooby Doo books, making messes, wiping out on roller skates. Recounted conversations with my husband. Incredulous musings based on life in this county. Country. Universe. I can anticipate pennies in monthly ad revenue! Oh yes, I'm going to exploit myself. For the love of family.

I'm really serious about sewing little dresses and getting a booth at Sunday Market. I did all the research last year, now all I have to do is sew. I have a childcare job working for our fine city. I really love my job but it's only part-time. We knew we were going to struggle financially with two little kids and a mortgage but we didn't think it would be this difficult. Cutting all the corners we can worked for like, two weeks. Anybody want to buy a kegerator? It's adorable! Sustain multiple facets of local and global economy with one $200 purchase! My family's finances will thank you (Sallie Mae will thank you for the payment), local liquor store owner will thank you, increase your doctor bills depending on how often you refill the keg, explore possible marriage counseling market depending on how often you refill the keg, everybody wins! Also your purchase adds to our DirecTV payment so our kids have the opportunity to watch Super Why so I can sew.

At least I'm not Sarah McLachlan pimping the ASPCA commercial which by the way is my new most-hated thing EVER, love when my 5-year-old comes to me sobbing about how the pets are going to die if we don't adoct them and mama and daddy are going to die and she doesn't want us to die because she doesn't want to have to get a job to take care of her baby brother but she will breastfeed him for me when I'm dead so that's nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I don't just do this for myself, it's for you too! So let me know what you think.