Sunday, January 12, 2014

I yelled at the tv tonight.

Downton Abbey is. Just is. Matthew is still dead so nothing will ever be okay again, ever, in that terribly awesome show and in my terribly awesome real life. I am so mad about tonight's episode though. When is Thomas going to get more screen time because I love him, he'll fill in for Matthew.

So symbolic, much reflection. Shows getting exciting but frustrating, life being busy and frustrating. A new year, time to get back into regular routine. The routine that I love and hate. A lot of things I'm feeling I need to fix but doesn't matter if I try, it'll end up shitty anyway.

Last week I came to an agreement with someone about something we contribute to equally. While I wasn't in our shared space, that person did something completely opposite from what we agreed. Totally disrespectful and inconsiderate, exactly that person's essence. If I even imagined doing something similar, that person would tattle on me to everyone we know and spread their unpleasantness throughout our entire shared atmosphere, making it all my fault and making me the villain. There's no disagreeing with this person, it's their way or "oh, well, I guess we can do whatever you want, sure, that's fine with me, whatever you want to do" with no eye contact or genuine emotion matching the words, obviously this person does not approve of any kind of compromise. No calling this person on their bullshit, no setting an example of desirable behavior, no positive interaction whatsoever. Nothing I can do about it.

A few weeks ago I found out someone intentionally omitted an important detail from their recounting of a situation. The detail was an action they took, an action I would have prevented and condemned had I been present. I learned about the action from a third party. The person who took the particular action is as, if not more, difficult than the aforementioned person who disrespected the fuck out of me. I want to address the issue, I need to address the issue, but this person is so unable to bend their will to serve the common good or at least definitely unable to not make everyone else follow their ridiculous rules...not worth it. A relationship with this person isn't beneficial to me at all. It should be, but this person makes even a half-ass relationship impossible. Nothing I can do about it.

Lots of little things happening at work. We work as a team and talk about the kids altogether. I love my job, the kids, the coworkers, the boss, but I am starting to feel that I'm not being used properly there. I feel like things would run better if I had more input...or at least if my suggestions were heeded. I don't want to be the director or be on any kind of power trip but I know what I'm talking about, but let's actually do some of the things we're talking about rather than just talk and talk and talk about possibilities. Stop wasting time complaining and brainstorming, help the children we love. This is one thing I can do.

Weather sucks, cats won't poop outside, nobody in this house but me can scoop the litter box. Nothing I can do about it.

Am I being taken advantage of or am I actually winning? Not changing the outcomes of these events isn't admitting defeat, but I'm not making my dissatisfaction known. Outwardly. I'm thinking about working on that. Also thinking wouldn't it be great if Matthew pulled a Sherlock and came back? Would be so nice. Or seriously get some full-time Barrow action going on. Edna is a total shit, super good new conspiracy partner. You're welcome, Downton Abbey writers, I fixed it. So everything is awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I don't just do this for myself, it's for you too! So let me know what you think.